Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.90888°N / 121.49712°W
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6796 ft / 2071 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

As noted by ericnoel Three Way Peak is named for being on a triple divide between the Crystal Creek, Morse Creek and Elizabeth Creek Drainages. Also it is the 3 way junction of the Mount Rainier National Park to the West, Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forrest to the North and Wenatchee National Forrest to the South East.

Getting There

From Seattle head down I-5, west on 18, make a left(south) and stay on that road until you reach Enumclaw, make a left(east) onto 410, make a left onto Crystal Mt. Blvd. Parking is free.

Three Way Peak is just South of Crystal Mountain Ski Resort. Roughly a miles hike following the South ridge from the top of The Queen(7002') which is accessible via the High Campbell chairlift(Chair 6). You will pass the Throne, Silver King and the Box Car Cornice before reaching Three Way Peak.



It is uncontrolled terrain as noted by this sign.
Three Way Peak No Avalanche Control


Once you reach that sign, traverse around the West face.
West Face of Three Way Peak


There will be a steep chute just after the biggest rock face along the traverse, head up from there.
Chute after west face traverse


Next traverse around the South face just below the next big rock face then on up to the ridge.

From there the summit is just 100' or so west along the ridge. I would suggest being on belay if you want to reach the true summit.

Red Tape

I'm not sure what the official stance is on climbing/riding this peak because the typical route requires you to cross all 3 boundaries to the various forest lands.

Camping

Again depending on which side you camp on you may have issues, but because it's so obscure a location not many people get back there. I have seen one person camping on the north side(Snoqualmie-Baker)...but that is not to say it is the "correct" side to camp on.

Weather

Crystal Mountain's Weather

Ascents/Descents

I'm not sure how many people visit this peak, but I am curious to find out who else has climbed it.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.