Southeast Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.70800°N / 109.128°W
Additional Information Route Type: Wilderness Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A few days
Additional Information Difficulty: Grade II Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Worthen Meadows Trailhead take the Roaring Fork/Stough trail over Roaring Fork Pass and past Stough Lakes Basin to the Middle Fork Trail. Turn upstream for 1 mile and ford the river at the Tayo Park trail. At Tayo Park branch onto the lesser used Ice Lakes trail as it heads north. Base can be made in this area or further into the Ice Lakes basin. Total distance about 9 miles.

Route Description


Follow the Ice Lakes trail to about 10,600' and begin contouring onto the massive southeast ridge. Contour above the Ice Lakes headwall to reach the SE slopes of the summit scree cone. As a variation, a SE spur of The Ramp rises from lake 10773 splitting the Ice Lakes Headwalls into two. It can also be used as a descent variation for a tour of the basin.

Essential Gear


Full backpacking gear. DEET.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.