The Ramp

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.70800°N / 109.128°W
Additional Information Route Type: Wilderness Hike
Additional Information Time Required: A few days
Additional Information Difficulty: Grade I Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Worthen Meadows take the Sheep Bridge trail to connect with the Middle Popo Agie Trail. This is taken to the Pinto Park trail. Shortly before cresting into the park the Deep Creek Lakes trail splits off and contours/climbs to the basin/base camp. Total distance about 12 miles.
Pinto Park and the northern cutoff trail to Deep Creek lakes can also be approached from Dickinson Park - about 11 miles but with two fords of the North Fork Popo Agie.

Route Description


Starting from an elevation of 11,000' The Ramp reaches the summit cone at a spot called Chimney Rock. The half-mile-wide Ramp is a prominent feature of the peak and is a snowslope into the early summer. After the snowmelt, it is simply a long grass and scree slope with massive cliffs on either side.

Essential Gear


Full backpacking gear. DEET.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.