Wind River Peak

Wind River Peak

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

Overview

Wind River Peak is an interesting mountain. Though it dominates the southern portions of it’s namesake range, it pales in comparison to the great peaks of the northern part of the range. To those traveling on the Oregon trail, over South Pass in the mid-1800s, it was a fearsome sight! It’s great, snowy dome looked over all who passed, reminding them that the time to pass by it’s southern doorstep was short. While not particularly difficult to climb, the two day approach renders it no easy task. Those that take it on are rewarded with spectacular views of the southern aspects of the Wind River Range as Wind River Peak towers over everything in the Southern Winds.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Jun 15, 2009 7:43 pm - Voted 10/10

great photos

I have never seen the views from the top of Wind River Peak before. I really enjoyed seeing your shots. The views to the north of Lizard Head and the Cirque and the East Fork Valley Peaks are awesome.

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Jun 15, 2009 7:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great photos

Thanks, Mike! Glad you enjoyed the photos!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.