Climbing Texas highest Peak

Climbing Texas highest Peak

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Nov 24, 2008
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter

Climbing Texas highest peak

El Capitan and Guadalupe PeakEl Capitan and Guadalupe Peak
I reached Guadalupe Peak's summit (2,667 m/8,749 ft) one hour after leaving the Jeep at the trailhead. I took a few pictures of GT and me at the summit's pyramid and then headed back down to the parking lot the same way how I reached the summit, running!
GT on Guadalupe Peak, TX. (2,667 m/8,749 ft).GT at the summit (2,667 m/8,749 ft)

This was the third peak I hiked during my short time spent in the USA.
I drove for about an hour until I got to the trailhead. Once there I paid the parking fee, grabbed my backpack, trekking poles, and an apple and started running up by the well maintained trail. I passed all the hikers on my way up. People might be wondering why I was running up like a crazy guy. I really liked the trail, not too many switchbacks as the one in Sandia Peak near Albuquerque.

The views from up there were just amazing. I could see the wide salt basin to the south and a lower mountain range to the west. It was my third highest point reached in the States after the ones I climbed in Colorado and Hawaii.

My next goal was to climb Wheeler Peak, New Mexico's highest point the following week.


Comments

No comments posted yet.