Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.67318°N / 11.92372°E
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5768 ft / 1758 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

AiplspitzAiplspitz SW-Ridge in winter

Aiplspitz is a 1758m high mountain in Germany. It belongs to the Bavarian Pre-Alps range. It is one of the so called "Muenchner Hausberge", the day-hiking summits south of Munich the capitol of Bavaria. From top of Aiplspitz you have a nice view to the lowlands of Munich and the other mountains in the Schliersee/Spitzingsee-Area like Rotwand, Hochmiesing, Jaegerkamp and Brecherspitz. Aiplspitz is climbable the whole year round. In summer it is a easy-medium hike (4 main routes) with a rocky final. In winter it is a popular ski-summit in combination with Jaegerkamp and Benzingspitz.

Routes to Aiplspitz in summer:

From Aurach: Aurach at B307 near Fischbachau. Follow the track AV641 into the Aurach-valley. After a while you arrive at Benzingberghuette. Continue track AV 641 to the left up to the north-ridge, follow the ridge to the summit of Aiplspitz. It is a 980 meters elevation gain. It takes round about 2 hours.

From Geitau (between Bayrischzell and Fischbachau): At the south end of Geitau are parkings near Rote-Wand-hut. Follow the track AV643 to the south-west. After Geitauer Alm you ascend towards the north ridge of Aiplspitz. Follow the ridge to the highest point. It is a 950 meters elevation gain. It takes 2 hours up to the summit.

From Spitzingsattel #1: You can combine the hike to Aiplspitz with another summit, the Jaegerkamp (1.748m). In this case you follow a steep track to the north-east to the north side of Jaegerkamp. There you arrive at the track AV 642 which leads to the Jaegerbaueralm and to the summit of Jaegerkamp. Follow the track from Jaegerkamp summit to the East. This track doesn´t lead over Benzingspitz, I red about a prohibition of access. The track leads south around the Benzingspitz-summit to Tanzeck and Aiplspitz south-west-ridge. After a little scrambling you reach the summit.

From Spitzingsattel #2:
This is the easiest approach. Follow the track AV 643 to Schoenfeldhuette and continue to Obere Schoenfeld Alm. After Schoenfeld Alm the way heads left of a rocky shoulder towards Tanzeck. From Tanzeck scrambling the south-west-ridge up to the summit of Aiplspitz.

Routes to Aiplspitz in winter:

The winter ascent: Parking at Spitzingsee at Taubenstein-cable-car. Follow the ski-piste. After 15min leave the the ski-piste to the left and ascend to the Schoenfeldhuette and Obere Schoenfeld Alm. Continue to Tanzeck. Here you have to make your ski-depot and ascend without ski via the south-west-ridge to the summit of Aiplspitz.

Panoramic view to Aiplspitz - Hochmiesing - RotwandAiplspitz from Benzingspitz
Panoramic view from SchoenfeldhuetteSki-ascent: View from Schoenfeldhuette

Getting There

Aipspitz from space

From Munich drive on highway A8 to the exit #98 "Weyarn" and continue to Miesbach. (From Rosenheim take exit #99 "Irschenberg" and continue on B472 to Miesbach). At Miesbach take B472 and B307 towards the city Schliersee and the same named lake. At the south end of the lake is Neuhaus. Here you have to choice which ascent you want to use to reach Aiplspitz. The origin Aurach is 4km and Geitau is 7km after Neuhaus at B307. If you want to start at Spitzingsattel or Spitzingsee you have to leave B307 after Neuhaus to the south. The roads goes steep up to Spitzingsattel and after it down to Spitzingsee.

Maps and books

External Links




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bavarian Pre-AlpsMountains & Rocks