Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.66926°N / 11.55501°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5105 ft / 1556 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

View to LatschenkopfSummit-view

Brauneck is a 1556m high peak in the Bavarian Alps, Germany. The summit is the eastern end of the Benediktenwand-range. It rises about 800m high above the town Lenggries (680m) 10km south of Bad Toelz. Brauneck has been fully made available to a ski resort. (It is the hometown of some prominent german ski-professionals like Martina Ertl and Hilde Gerg.) On the summit is a nice summit-cross and you can enjoy a nice summit-view to Bad-Toelz, Zugspitze, Guffert and the Spitzingsee-mountains. Beneath the summit is the "Brauneck-Gipfelhaus" located, a hut of the german alpine club "Alpenverein - DAV". Brauneck is also a favorite starting place for paraglider.

Getting There


  • From North:
    From Munich or Rosenheim on highway A8 to exit #97 "Holzkirchen". Continue on B13 to Bad Toelz and southwards on B13 to Lenggries. There are parkings at the cablecar station "Brauneck" and little bit more southward at Wegscheid.


  • From South:
    From Jenbach in the Inn-valley north on austrian #181 along Achensee towards Achenpass. Some kilometers before Achenpass you have turn to west towards Sylvensteinspeicher at a junction. At Sylvensteinspeicher northwards to Lenggries (Direction: Bad Toelz).

    Routes to Brauneck

    SkitourSki-piste
    There are many routes available. In summer you can hike:

    • You can use the cablecar to Brauneck. You have to climb the last 50 steps. What a strenuous job! Good to have the Brauneck-Gipfelhaus on the half way ;-)

    • From Wegscheid via Flori-hut to Brauneck or continue to Latschenkopf 1.712m or Benediktenwand 1.801m. 2h to Brauneck-summit.

    • From Wegscheid via Kot-Alm to Brauneck. 90 minutes to Brauneck-summit.

    • From the parking at cablecar-station "Brauneck" via Reiser-Alm to Brauneck. 90 minutes to Brauneck-summit.

    • From Lenggries via Längental and Längental-Alm to Brauneck. 2h to Brauneck-summit.



    In winter you can climb by ski or snowshoes either on the ski-piste or through the forest beside the crowd. PANORMA OF THE SKI-AREA AND CABLE-CARS





    Some impressions

    Brauneck Cable-Car stationParking
    Summit CrossSummit
    View to ZugspitzeSummit-view

    External Links

    Some informations:

    Books and Co.

    Books:


    Maps:




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bavarian Pre-AlpsMountains & Rocks