Jaegerkamp

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.67350°N / 11.90608°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5735 ft / 1748 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

JaegerkampJaegerkamp seen from Rauhkopf

Jaegerkamp (1.748m) is a mountain in the Bavarian Pre-Alps in Germany. It is near Spitzingsee a little Ski-touring area 40km south of Munich. Jaegerkamp is climbed the whole year especially in winter by ski. From top you have a good overview of the Bavarian Pre-Alps between BAD TÖLZ and BRANNENBURG. You can combine other mountains like Benzingspitz, Tanzeck and Aiplspitz to a great roundtrip.



Getting There

From North and West: MUNICH - A8 (Highway #8) to SALZBURG - EXIT #98 "WEYARN" towards MIESBACH, via B472 and B307 to Schliersee, NEUHAUS and Spitzingsee.

From East: SALZBURG - A8 (Highway #8) to Munich - EXIT #99 "IRSCHENBERG" towards MIESBACH, via B472 and B307 to Schliersee, NEUHAUS and Spitzingsee.

From South: KUFSTEIN - A93 (Highway #93) to ROSENHEIM - EXIT # 59 "OBERAUDORF" towards BAYRISCHZELL, via Tazlwurm and B307 to Spitzingsee.


When To Climb: Weather, Webcam and general Informations

Normally you can climb Jaegerkamp the whole year securely. In winter and spring you have to observe the rules of avalanche-security.

WEATHER IN THIS REGION

DANGER OF AVALANCHES

WEBCAM OF SCHLIERSEE AND SPITZINGSEE

CAMPING AND HOTELS IN SCHLIERSEE

Routes to Jaegerkamp

Jaegerkamp from BenzingspitzJaegerkamp seen from Benzingspitz


1)
From JOSEFSTHAL: JOSEFSTHAL is south of NEUHAUS. Origin for this route is the parking at "Spitzingstraße" half way between NEUHAUS and Spitzingsee. The ascent of Jaegerkamp follows the track #SB2 towards the summit at its northside.

2)
From SPITZINGSATTEL: From SPITZINGSATTEL (parking with costs) via #W23 towards Schönfeldhütte (1410m) and Obere Schönfeldalm on track # SB2 towards BENZINGSPITZ and westward to Jaegerkamp summit.

3)
From SPITZINGSEE by Ski: Ski-Mountaineers follow the skipiste towards Schönfeldhütte (1410m) and continuing route #2.

4)
From mountain-station of "Taubensteinbahn": From the mountain-station nothwards via RAUHKOPF (1689m) and Schnittlauchmoosalm to Benzingspitz and Jaegerkamp.

Panoramic view from SchoenfeldhuetteSki-ascent: View from Schoenfeldhuette



Maps and books

  • Kompass WK 008 Bayrischzell-Schliersee - 1:35.000 - ISBN: 3-85491-352-4

  • Kompass WK 8 Tegernsee-Schliersee-Wendelstein - 1:50.000 - ISBN: 3-85491-010-X

External links



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bavarian Pre-AlpsMountains & Rocks