Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 36.07902°N / 115.4921°W
Additional Information County: Clark
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6120 ft / 1865 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Decision Peak is another obscurce peak in Red Rock Canyon, which is less than 30 minutes from Las Vegas. The summit only sees a handful of people each year. It's another summit that looks like a technical climb, but there's a fourth class route. There's also at least one climbing route on the north face. As with most Red Rock Peaks, it's a fun scramble on great rock. No loose scree and no five mile approach... just pure fun in the outdoors!

Getting There

From the Mirage on Las Vegas Boulevard (the Strip) go north three miles and turn left (west) onto Charleston Boulevard. Drive 21 miles on Charleston (it becomes State Route 159) to the signed First Creek parking area on the right (west) side of the road. This is the trailhead for the standard route.

Red Tape

There are no fees and no permit is needed.

Camping

Yes, at the 13 mile campground. From the intersection of 215 and Charleston Blvd. drive 3.3 miles and turn left onto Moenkopi Road. Camping is $10 per night. You will still have to buy the Red Rock pass ($5.00 per car or $20 for a yearly pass). You can camp for free above the 5,000 foot level, though you need a back country permit. Call 515-5350 for permits.

External Links

Panorama from the summit of Decision Peak



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

 
Southern NevadaMountains & Rocks
 
Spring MountainsMountains & Rocks