Hirschberg

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.66075°N / 11.69616°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5466 ft / 1666 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

HIRSCHBERG is a wide mountain in the Bavarian Alps in Germany. It arises southwest of Tegernsee. The village at the feet of the mountain is SCHARLING. HIRSCHBERG is climbed the whole year, especially in winter by ski, because it is the one of populariest skiing-summits for the area of Munich the capitol of Bavaria. All the routes to HIRSCHBERG are short and undifficult to find, and the big summit-cross, the wondeful view of the Toelzer Alps and the western summits around Schliersee and Spitzingsee contribute to the popularity of the summit. HIRSCHBERG is one of the classic bavarian summits.



Getting There

Hirschberg seen from spaceHirschberg seen from space

From Germany: From MUNICH or ROSENHEIM on A8 (Gemran highway #8) Exit #97 "HOLZKIRCHEN" towards B318 Tegernsee. Along Tegernsee and BAD WIESSEE to ROTTACH EGERN and on B307 towards Achenpass. After 4km you arrive at Scharling. For ascents in summer you can park at LEITEN and for ascents by ski you should park at the ski-lifts "Hirschberg-Lifte".

From Austria: From INNSBRUCK on A12 (Austrian Highway #12) Exit #39 "Achensee - Zillertal" northward to Achensee. You drive at the east side of Achensee and you could enjoy a view to the eastern part of "Karwendelgebirge". After Achensee you drive through Achenkirchen toward the border of Germany and Austria. After the forsaken border you reach Achenpass and drive on B307 to WILDBAD-KREUTH, KREUTH and SCHARLING, the origin for the ascents to HIRSCHBERG.



Nearest Airport:
Munich Airport

Railroad-Companies:
German Railraod-Company: Deutsche Bahn AG
Bavarian Railroad-Company: Bayrische Oberlandbahn BOB


When To Climb: Weather, Webcam and general Informations

Summit-CrossSummit Cross on Hirschberg summit

You could climb HIRSCHBERG the whole year. In winter and spring you have to observe the rules of avalanche-security.

WEATHER IN THIS REGION

DANGER OF AVALANCHES - BAVARIA

CAMPING
WALLBERG-CAMPING
Rainerweg 10
D-83700 Weißach/Tegernsee
Tel. (0 80 22) 53 71.
Fax (0 80 22) 67 02 74
E-Mail: campingplatz-wallberg@web.de


TOURIST BOARD MUNICH-UPPER BAVARIA
Radolfzeller Str. 15
D-81243 Munich
Fon +49 (0)89 - 829218-0
touristinfo@oberbayern.de




Routes to Hirschberg

Hirschberg HausHirschberg Haus from summit
Raueck AlmRaueck Alm
HirschbergHirschberg seen afterGründ Hütte


1)
Summer-ascent (SCHARLING/LEITEN - BOLZECK - HIRSCHBERG HAUS - HIRSCHBERG:

From parking in Leiten westward to BOLZECK (1065m) and onward to HOLZPOINT-ALM and the station of the material-cablecar of the HIRSCHBERG HAUS. You reach the private hut 2,25h after leaving the parking. From the hut to HIRSCHBERG it is an ascent of 30min. You can descend on the same way.

2)
Winter-ascent (SCHARLING/POINT - GRUEND HÜTTE - RAUHECK ALM - HIRSCHBERG:

From parking in SCHARLING/POINT at the ski-lifts you can ascent by ski on the ski-piste to GRÜND HÜTTE or you can start the tour at the hut by taking the ski-lifts. From GRÜND HÜTTE westward through the forrest untill the HIRSCHBERG appears throungh the trees. After that you should ascent to ridge on the right hand side. Now you can take a break at RAUHECK ALM and enjoy the view before ascending to HIRSCHBERG with the steeper part of the tour. After reaching the top you have to cross a few minutes to the main summit with the big summit-cross. 2,5h from SCHARLING or 1,5h from GRÜND HÜTTE. The descend follows the ascent.

Heroes on summit ;-)

Post a summit picture, I will attach it to this section.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bavarian Pre-AlpsMountains & Rocks