Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.05974°N / 112.13774°W
Additional Information County: Millard
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10005 ft / 3050 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Coffee Peak is the northernmost 10,000-foot peak in the Pahvant Mountain Range of Central Utah. The drive is more difficult than the hike but the views are gorgeous all along the way. The summit rises above the plateau of the main range by only a few hundred feet but stands about 5,000 feet above the deserts to the west and 3,000 feet above the valley to the east.
Flamboyant Flowers
Flamboyant Flowers

Getting There

The peak is about 15 miles south of the town of Scipio and 12 miles northeast of the town of Fillmore. To get to the easiest route up the peak, a 4WD road is required. From Scipio, drive south on US-50 about 16.9 miles and take a right onto FR102 and take this fairly well-maintained dirt road to the center of the Pahvant Range. Turn right onto FR096 and drive approximately 11.9 miles of rocky, poorly maintained dirt road to the south side of the peak, which is past Robins Valley and Robins Lake.

Route

There is an obvious pullout to the peak's south on the dirt road. Head straight north from the Spring Canyon Trail sign. There is a faint trail that fades in and out through a meadow that travels all the way to the summit from the road.

Distance: 1 mile round-trip
Elevation Gain: 312 feet
Little Topo
Little Topo

Red Tape

The peak is located in the Fish Lake National Forest.

When to Climb

Year-round.

Camping

There are several primitive campsites at around 9,000 feet in the Pahvant Range. The closest campground is at Maple Grove Campground, which is a beautiful place to the east side of the range.





Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pahvant MountainsMountains & Rocks