Table Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.82382°N / 112.10297°W
Additional Information County: Sevier
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 7351 ft / 2241 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

A short but distinct peak northwest of Richfield, Utah, that overlooks the red sandstone Willow Creek Canyon. It has a cap of limestone that creates the table top look.
Higher Shelf
Table Mountain from the East atop the highest shelf.

Getting There

From Exit 40 on I-70 at the north end of Richfield, drive northwest away from the town. Veer right as soon as you hit the dirt roads. Continue straight through the clearing. Stay on this road as it winds its way through the broken landscape. Right after you come around the corner of the hill close to the freeway, the road turns left and forks. Go straight west instead of turning back east along the road that completes a U-turn. Drive 300 feet and park at the next fork. This is as far as vehicles are allowed to travel. 

Route

From the vehicle, take the right fork heading north. Turn left just after the first steep section. Continue on the dirt road for roughly 2 miles when another fork is reached on shelf below the peak. Take a right at this fork, which heads toward the northeast flank of Table Mountain. Walk this until it ends. Meander up the steep northeast slope of the peak to gain the summit plateau. From here, walk to the northwest corner of the "table top" to the true summit. 

Round-trip Distance: 6.14 miles
Elevation Gain: 1818 feet

Red Tape

No permits required. No motorized vehicles are allowed on the dirt road up to the first fork at this time.

When to Climb

Year-round.

Camping

Camping is not available or necessary, but there is a KOA in the city of Richfield.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pahvant MountainsMountains & Rocks