Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.61312°N / 112.46356°W
Additional Information County: Sevier
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Elevation: 7665 ft / 2336 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the shapely volcanic peak to the west of Trail Mountain on the way to Three Creeks Valley. Though small, it's location makes for an incredible vantage point from which to see much of the Southern Pahvant and Tushar Mountains.

Getting There

From Richfield, drive west on I-70 to Exit 7, which is the western intersection of I-70 and Clear Creek Canyon Road (28.8 miles). Turn right (East) and drive 1.2 miles. Turn left onto FR106/Pavant Corn Creek Road. Drive 2.5 miles until to the northeast of the peak. Practice caution on this road, which can get incredibly slick and sticky after a rain.

Route

This is a straightforward bushwhack between cedars and scrub oak up the north/northeast slope of the peak.

Round-trip Distance: 1.14 miles

Elevation Gain: 480 feet

Red Tape

The peak is in the Fishlake National Forest. Practice Leave No Trace ethics as best as you can.

When to Climb

Year-round is possible though snow travel would be required for an additional 5 or so miles to get to the peak in winter. Spring through fall are the best times.

Camping

There are many primitive sites throughout this mountain range. Castle Rock Campground south of Fremont Indian State Park is one of the closest developed campgrounds.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Sep 28, 2018 8:13 am - Hasn't voted

Elevation

The elevation of this peak averages to 7740.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pahvant MountainsMountains & Rocks