Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.66575°N / 112.41519°W
Additional Information County: Sevier
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 7745 ft / 2361 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The shortest in a cluster of extinct volcanic cones in the Southern Pahvant Mountains. Great views abound on the slopes and summit.

Getting There

From Richfield, drive west on I-70 to Exit 7, which is the western intersection of I-70 and Clear Creek Canyon Road (28.8 miles). Turn right (East) and drive 1.2 miles. Turn left onto FR106/Pavant Corn Creek Road and drive for 6.9 miles. Take a sharp right once at the base of the hill on the northside. Drive an additional 0.7 miles along a rough dirt road (Grass Valley Road).

Route

Drive on the dirt road as far as the boulders will permit you, then aim toward the summit on a beeline. There are shorts sections of bushwhacking and class 3 terrain. Be careful with cacti along the route.

Round-trip Distance: 1.1 miles

Elevation Gain: 775 feet

Red Tape

On BLM land. No fees or permits required. Please practice "Leave No Trace" ethics.

When to Climb

Spring-Fall are best, but it would be possible in Winter depending on snow conditions.

Camping

There are some primitive campsites in the area. Castle Rock Campground south of Fremont Indian State Park is one of the closest developed campgrounds.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pahvant MountainsMountains & Rocks