Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.67647°N / 11.87101°E
Activities Activities: Mountaineering, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 5528 ft / 1685 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Bryan BennBrecherspitz from Schliersee

Brecherspitz (1.685m) is a mountain in Germany, in the Bavarian Pre-alps 40km south of Munich. It belongs to the so called "Münchner Hausberge", because they could be climbed easily from Munich in one day. The mountain arises between Schliersee and Spitzingsee, two lakes in Upper-Bavaria near the same named town Schliersee. Brecherspitz is climable on several routes all the year round. The ascent by ski is very popular, because it is close to the ski-resort of "Spitzingsee". You have a nice view to the other bavarian mountains like Jaegerkamp, Aiplspitz, Rotwand, the lowlands of Munich and Schliersee and Spitzingsee.

Routes to Brecherspitz:

From SPITZINGSATTEL (1127m): From Spitzingsattel (parking with costs ~ 3,-Euro) cross the street and follow the road W21-"Trautweinweg" to Freudenreichsattel and Obere Firstalm (1375m). At or just before Obere Firstalm you turn to the North-East ascend next to a old ski-lift to the fore-summit of Brecherspitz. Here you continue the West-ridge. You need a little bit sure-footedness. After the west-ridge you stand on the top of Brecherspitz (1684m).

From SPITZINGSEE (1103m): You can also ascend to Brecherspitz from Spitzingsee. You have to hike on the W21-"Kratzerweg" towards Untere Firstalm. From Untere Firstalm continue to Obere Firstalm and then ascend as descripted above. It´s a 580m elevation gain.

From NEUHAUS (805m) - (SHORT): From Neuhaus you hike on tracks W14 or K7 towards the South. At a junction continue on SB1 and ascend to Ankelalm (1.311m). At Ankelalm turn to the East and ascend to the Nort-ridge. Follow the North-ridge to the highest point. It´s a 880m elevation gain.

From Neuhaus (805m) - (LONG): From Neuhaus you hike on the roads W16 and W11 through the Dürnbach-valley towards Diensthuette. Leave the road and continue on the track SB1 to Obere Firstalm and ascend to the fore-summit and via the West-ridge to the top. You can also leave SB1 at Freudenreichalm and ascend directly to the fore-summit.


BrecherspitzBrecherspitz - Westridge - fore-summit


360° Panorama

360° summit panorama Brecherspitz

Getting There

MAP

From Munich you drive on highway A8 towards Salzburg. You leave the highway at exit #98 "Weyarn" and continue towards Miesbach. At Miesbach you continue on B472 and B 307 to Schliersee and Neuhaus. After Neuhaus you loeave the B307 towards the south. The roads goes steep up to Spitzingsattel (1129m). There are parkings with costs (3,-Euro).

If you drive from Rosenheim, you leave the highway A8 at exit #99 "Irschenberg" and continue on B472 to Miesbach. Follow the road as described above.

If you are coming from Austria and driving on highway A12, you leave the highway at exit #59 "Oberaudorf" and continue towards Bayrischzell. You drive over the "Tazelwurm" and reach Bayrischzell. Continue on B307 towards Schliersee. Just before Neuhaus you leave the B307 to the South and drive up to Spitzingsattel (1129m).


MAP TO SPITZINGSEE
copyright skischule-spitzingsee.de

Maps and books



External Links





Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bavarian Pre-AlpsMountains & Rocks